A Quicktime version of the International KCA Video Footage is also available. To download in Microsoft Explorer, right-click the above link and choose 'Save Target As'. To download in Firefox, right-click the above link and choose 'Save Link As'. Need Quicktime?
Nickelodeon's 7th Annual Kids' Choice Awards was the first to air internationally in 1994 on Nickelodeon's channel in the UK, and now, more than a decade later, the US show is seen in more than 205 million households across Nickelodeon's 34 channels in the UK, Europe, Russia, Israel, Asia, Australia, Latin America and Brazil. Since the first KCAs premiered in the U.S., Nickelodeon has launched eight fully localized versions around the globe starting with Meus Premios Brasil in 2000 and Mis Premios Nick Mexico in 2003. Locally produced Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards now also take place in Sweden, Holland, Italy, China and Australia.
The franchise's 20th year will see the debut of two new localized Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in the biggest television markets in Europe. For the first time ever, Nickelodeon UK is bringing a locally produced Kids' Choice Awards to the UK later this year. The UK event will be produced by Nickelodeon UK, together with the team behind MTV's European Music Awards. The UK event date and all-star lineup will be announced this spring. Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards Germany will take place in fall 2007.
Launch years for global Kids' Choice Awards:
Meus Premios Nick Brazil: Sao Paulo, 2000
Mis Premios Nick Mexico: Mexico City, 2003
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Australia: Sydney, 2003
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Holland: Amsterdam, September 2004
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Sweden: Stockholm, October 2004
Nickelodeon & CCTV Kids' Choice Honors China: Beijing, 2005
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Italy: Milan, 2006
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards UK: Coming Fall 2007
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Germany: Coming Fall 2007
Meus Premios - Brazil (August 2006)
- Meus Premios ("My Awards") launched in 2000.
- Meus Premios 2006 was the channel's seventh show, with 15,000 kids and their families in attendance over three weeks in August.
- For the first time ever the event took place in three different cities: Porto Alegre, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- The event was hosted by talent from Patrulha Nick and Nick Tonicko, who were split into groups of four.
- Twenty-seven well-known Brazilian bands performed over six days, including: Detonautas, Marjorie Estiano, Kelly Key, Latino, Seu Cuca, Mc Leozinho, Diego Pitty and Charlie Brown.
- Approximately two-million votes were counted.
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards – Australia (October 2006)
- Launched first Kids' Choice Awards in 2003.
- KCA 2006 took place at the Sydney Entertainment Center and was the most slime-filled, rocked-out day of the year for Australian kids.
- The exciting, colorful show was telecast exclusively on Nickelodeon.
- Categories included Fave TV Star, Fave Toon and Fave Aussie Group.
- Special celebrity guests included Nick Lachey, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Lara Bingle.
- Lee Harding, Dan O'Connor, Chris Hemsworth and Adam Saunders were among the guys with nominations in the Fave Hottie category.
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards – Nordic (October 2006)
- Launched first Kids' Choice Awards in 2004.
- Caroline Kull hosted in 2006 at the Annetex Globen in Stockholm, Sweden with 2300 kids in attendance.
- Guest appearances included Ola Lindholm, Elin Lanto and Peppe Eng.
- The popular Rednex and Ana Johnson performed.
CCTV-Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Honors - China (November 2006)
- The second ever Kids' Choice Awards China took place on November 2, 2006 and was attended by 1000 screaming kids.
- Twenty artists attended, and 11 performed under a shower of Nickelodeon's trademark green slime.
- Among the celebrities was SpongeBob SquarePants, who appeared at the opening of the show and spent time in the backstage photo room having his picture taken with the stars.
- Taiwanese actor Alec Su was awarded the biggest 'honor' at this year's event while green slime was poured onto him from head to toe.
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards - Italy 'Il Premio dei Ragazzi' (December 2006)
- Nickelodeon launched the first ever Italian Kids' Choice Awards 'Il Premio Dei Ragazzi' onstage at the 'Palalido di Milano.'
- The show was telecast on Nickelodeon (Sky channel 604) on December 4, 2006 at 8pm.
- 'Il Premio dei Ragazzi' is the first event in Italy where young people ages 6 to 13 vote from a choice of 48 nominees across 12 different categories for their favorite artists, programs, music, sports and videogames.
- A total of 250,000 young viewers voted by sms, post and online at www.nicktv.it
- Special guests include artists and celebrities such as I Gimelli Diversi, Max Biaggi, Jiovanotti, Jamie Lynn Spears and SpongeBob SquarePants himself.
- The show was hosted by the energetic presenters Ambra Angioline and Michele Forestalias Forest.
- Nominees for 'Best Telefilm' include The OC, Zoey 101, Una Mamma per Amica and La vita secondo Jim.