Please Note: You are viewing the non-styled version of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards Press Kit. Either your browser does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) or they are disabled. We suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version of your favorite Internet browser.
The Burp Award
- In 2001, Cameron Diaz walked off proudly with the inaugural Burp Award held during orange carpet arrivals and voted on during the show by kids on nick.com.
- Jessica Alba and Steve Irwin shared the honor in 2002.
- Justin Timberlake pumped up the volume to win it in 2003.
- In a resounding moment Hugh Jackman topped rivals and unseated Timberlake in the fourth celebrity burp-off in 2004. Cameron Diaz presented him with the Blimp.
- After a hiatus in 2005 for the Celebrity Hidden Talent competition, a 2006 "Burping with the Stars" contest pitted former champs Hugh Jackman and Justin Timberlake against each other in a burp-off hosted by Tom Bergeron (Dancing with the Stars). Judges David Spade, Rob Schneider and John Heder called it as they heard it, and so did the kid audience, who cast their votes during the show on nick.com and via wireless text messaging: Timberlake took the cake again as the best belcher, and Jackman got pie in the face.
The Hall of Fame Award
- Special gold Blimps were awarded to Paula Abdul (1991), Arnold Schwartzenegger (1992), Michael Jordan (1994), Boys II Men (1995), Tim Allen (1996), Will Smith (1997), Tia and Tamera Mowry (1998), Jonathon Taylor Thomas (1999) and Rosie O'Donnell (2000).
The Wannabe Award
- On the heels of the Hall of Fame Award, this was created in 2001 to honor a celeb role model kids most "want to be," and the first recipient of a special platinum Blimp was Tom Cruise.
- Subsequent winners include Janet Jackson (2002), Will Smith (2003), Adam Sandler (2004), Queen Latifah (2005) and Chris Rock (2006).
The Celebrity Hidden Talent Award
- Justin Timberlake presided on the orange carpet in 2005, when Oscar winner and "eye-robics" master Jamie Foxx demonstrated the unusual ability to roll his eyeballs in different directions. He topped Cameron Diaz's special "A-speak" language and Jessica Alba's backwards thumb demonstration.
The Butt Kicker Award
- In 2002, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jackie Chan were voted the first Favorite Male and Female Action Heroes.
- In 2003, Chan grabs the Blimp again, along with Jennifer Love Hewitt, both for The Tuxedo.
The Fart Award
- In 2003, Scooby Doo won Favorite Fart in a Movie
- In 2004, Kangaroo Jack won Favorite Fart in a Movie, and Anthony Anderson commanded attention by riding in atop a camel to accept.